I’ve had stomach cramps all day, I’ve had to spend two hours on a phone trying to talk to a person instead of a robot, and I’ve had to ask my ma to lend me money again, which I hate having to do.
So here is a list of Thoroughly Undeserving People. Hopefully I will feel a bit better after writing it.
- Alberto Del Rio, who demasked Rey Mysterio to win the Raw MITB. As I understand it, demasking is a Very Big Deal in luchador wrestling, and a very dishonourable thing to do.
- Vince McMahon, for screwing John Cena out of his championship. I’m not a CM Punk fan, but both he and Cena brought their A-game tonight, and the match shouldn’t have ended that way. I do hope Punk leaves; he deserves better.
- Vince again, for letting that terrible Mark Henry vs Big Show match happen. It was as awful as the promos that preceded it. No disrespect to the guy, but just what the hell is Mark Henry still doing in the WWE anyway?
- BT, not just for their unreliable broadband service for which they obscenely overcharge, and not just because it’s increasingly difficult to speak to a person in their customer services department. They took our money, told us everything would be fine, and then disconnected us. When I finally got a human being to reconnect us, they offered no reason or explanation - just a mumbled apology. So guess who’s not renewing their contract with them? Heck, they charge so much I guess they won’t miss our monthly bill.
Okay, I feel a bit better.
Trying to end on a positive note: let’s cheer for two geeky guys who won big today!
- Daniel Bryan, for winning Smackdown MITB out of nowhere. He does his best to not be cool, which makes him a different kind of cool, and he deserved that win. From now on, he shall be known as my little Valkyrie.
- Tom Pellereau, for winning The Apprentice. I’d heard earlier today that Susie would win, which I didn’t believe, and to be honest I’d been thinking for weeks that Helen had it in the bag. I liked Tom from very early on but didn’t think he’d make it, so I’m very happy for my fellow geek. (I do hope he actually invents an Emergency Biscuit though. I’d place an order for twelve boxes right now.)
AND THE GEEK SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH. This little geek is off to bed now, because she’s still not feeling very well.
50 house points and a gold star to the first person who comes up with a Miz vs crowd orly/yarly gif. That would be hilarious.
Also, loving the unexpected insanity Truth’s hell turn has become. It’s deliciously twisted. He still ain’t beating Cena though.
Just read the Smackdown spoilers.
This had better be leading to the best feud ever, or I will call shenanigans on the WWE so loud, the Doctor himself will hear it from the other side of the universe.
DIS BULLSHIT YO. CHRISTIAN FOR CHAMP.
(Stat wants y’all to know he really likes the BN Wrestling site. He says the forum rocks.)
(I’m not one for promoting things, but Stat asked me reeeeeally nicely.)